Day 2 January 2, 2014
“For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord…” -Jeremiah 29:11-14
OK…I have stopped dropping confetti on my head and popping balloons in celebration of completing the 365 Missional Practices project. A big THANKS goes to Noah Scalin and his book 365 A Daily Creativity Journal. I also want to acknowledge Steph B. for inspiring me with her project. And I am forever grateful to my biggest fan, my husband- Max, who seemed to “Like” everything I posted! I also appreciate your support! Thanks for your encouragement!
Some things that I learned from that “stretch-me” project in 2013:
- daily spiritual discipline matters
- sometimes it is the most simple, uncomplicated things that mean the most to others
- it’s good to have a flexible agenda
- a meaningful moment can happen to someone else when and how I least expect it
- Photo shop is fun once I “got” it
- I want to do more, more, more creative expressions of missional practice and spiritual formation!
I am so looking forward to 2014 I wondered how to continue this blog. After having a lot of ideas swimming in my head I finally came up with a plan. This is how I will continue sharing my creativity, my love of mission, and my passion for spiritual formation:
- I will continue to study and learn about spiritual formation and missional practices AND put what I learn into action!
- I will continue to explore new creative techniques and practice familiar artistic expressions
- I will choose a spiritual formation/missional practice theme each week to explore through art, scriptures, quotes, and more
- I will continue to post my blog daily if at all possible
- I will also post my new adventures this year on this blog.
What? New adventures? What am I up to now? Yes…I have chosen (or been led by God into) a new “stretch-me” project for 2014, yet to be revealed. Let me just say I am excited about my new adventure and will be sharing it on the blog as it unfolds throughout the year. As Jeremiah 11 says… God has a plan for each of us. The future is filled with hope. He is only a prayer away!